Community Book Event

Students in Facing History and Ourselves classes will host an event for the community to discuss the book Night, a Holocaust survivor memoir by Nobel Peace Prize Winner Elie Wiesel. For details about the event, contact the class instructor, David Cohen.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The event is approaching....

All our work, our thoughts and preparations, will come to the test. And, in the imminence of the event, I have been thinking: what is it that I hope for this event?

I hope that we may teach our audience something. I hope that we will not stutter, or be left with awkward silences, or, on the other hand, raving, quarreling audience members. I hope the adults will appreciate our work, realize that we are capable of pulling such a thing off.

I hope all these things. But even if they do come to pass, I wouldn't mind. What matters most, I think, is doing something that will make a difference in the community, in the world. And, in this event, that is precisely what we are doing. We are shaping and contributing to humanity and the world.

1 comment:

  1. You are being vulnerable and in being vulnerable you are opening yourself up to success and joy. I wish those things for you.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and questions are welcome, along with your thoughtful and polite contributions and encouragement. All comments are moderated, meaning they will be screened before publishing.