Community Book Event

Students in Facing History and Ourselves classes will host an event for the community to discuss the book Night, a Holocaust survivor memoir by Nobel Peace Prize Winner Elie Wiesel. For details about the event, contact the class instructor, David Cohen.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Last Word.

I felt that the Night event went swell. I got the chance to go and listen to talks about resistance and targets of genocide. The talk I went to on resistance was very interesting. I mainly chose to go to that talk because I just wanted to learn more about resistance and see what the kids running it had to say. Then the talk I went to on Targets of Genocide was cool too! It was really interesting to hear about different groups that faced mass-genocide during the holocaust along with the Jews.
From my perspective, the event seemed to go great! I haven't heard a single complaint about it. The discussions seemed to turn out very well and everyone seems happy with the end result of their work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and questions are welcome, along with your thoughtful and polite contributions and encouragement. All comments are moderated, meaning they will be screened before publishing.